From:
Jen Daggs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 22 Jan 1999 10:34:17 -0500
>Okay, the other day someone posted a link to a crocheted ferret hammock
>pattern. ... I decided to try the pattern.  I only have one problem... I
>have NO idea where to get the swivel hooks for the corners!  Can anyone
>help me?...
>Jessica

Have you tried looking in your local hardware store?  You should find them
in the "Hardware" isle, where the nuts, bolts, screws and hooks are.  Have
fun crocheting those hammocks!  :-)

When my husband and I got our first ferret we made our own hammock and put
carpeting on the wire floors of the cage we got with her.  We had just put
one of those big rubber backed carpets in our bath room, the kind that you
cut down to size, it makes it look like wall-to-wall but you can still pick
it up and throw it in the washing machine.  We used the scraps to cover the
upper floors so the wires didn't bother her feet.  We made a hammock by
cutting a larger square, punchin a hole in each corner and running a thick
cording through the holes to string it up.  Every week or so we'd just pull
the carpet and hammock out and throw them in the wash!  Because the carpet
is rubber backed you don't need to sew it either!

We've also started playing with fleece.  Fleece is great because it is also
washable and doesn't need any sewing either.  Just don't put your fleece in
the dryer, it shrinks!  We found out that the Woolrich factory in PA gives
away their fleece scraps for FREE!  A friend gave us a huge bag of scraps
and we're always trying to find new ways to use it.  The scraps tend to be
LONG narrow strips, about 5 inches wide.  We'd welcome any other
suggestions on what to make out of it!

Jen
Tavi -- ferret (where's the 'nana's Mom? I want a treat!)
Akimbo --ferret (I love you sooooo much Mom, I'm going to lick your face
off!)
Murp -- cat (I think I'll just stay up here on the steps and watch those
crazy ferrets, no, I don't need a closer look!)
Justamere -- cat (Come on! I wanna play too but I can't fit under the
entertainment center!)