From:
LAURA FERNANDO <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:48:21 CST
Hello all.... This is my first posting.  My husband and I have two girls
and love them dearly.  I just wanted to respond to the composting issue
( I am also an avid gardener.) Although poop makes wonderful fertilizer,
poop from carnivores (like cats and ferrets) should not be used due to the
undigested meat matter that may be present in the poop.  It can cause plant
diseases and "burn" the root system.  However, if you have a bunny,
herbivore poop is great on the flowers.  You can put it directly on the
soil and cover with mulch (bark, grass clippings.....) No need to compost.

Laura, Anura, Winnie and Marshmallow
(Me, my husband and our two little friends.)