From:
Debi & David Christy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Mar 2000 13:29:40 -0600
On the subject of fat fuzzies getting their heads thru holes their butts
won't fit:

These guys don't have a very accurate self-image and almost no regard
for the laws of physics.  There are a variety of household objects that
should be closely examined for potential square-hole/round peg problems
in addition to those wonderful storage space solvers, the plastic crate.

Please check your:
Laundry baskets, wire shelving, plant stands, bed headboards/footboards, &
magazine racks with "V" shaped wire legs or decorations, baby security
gates (can be covered on both sides with contact paper), paper towel,
toilet tissue, & wrapping paper rolls.

We had one boy who decided he could fit thru a 1"x1 1/2" hole in a wire
shelf.  We had to cut the wire to extricate him.  He had bloody poops the
rest of the day (severe stress reaction, for which the vet administered
dexamethasone).  Needless to say, some tight fits can and have been deadly.

Debi Christy
Ferrets First Foster Home, Carthage, TX