From:
Laura Fernando <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Aug 2002 11:57:44 -0700
Hey there - I recently noticed that my healthy 3 y.o.  male ferret has
lost alot of his hair.  He almost looks white as the guard hairs have
fallen out leaving only the fuzzy ones underneath.  He is also playing
more agressively - i.e. really clamping down onto my hand rather than
just nipping.  He feels hot to the touch when I pick him up, but that
could just be b/c I'm touching his skin where before I was touching his
hair.  I know (thanks to the FML) that these are early signs of adrenal
and we want to do everything we can to keep him healthy, but need a good
ordered list of things to do, like first do this, then do this, etc.

Also - I need a referral for a good ferret vet.  Our regular vet is
fine for shots and check ups, but for something like this I'd feel more
comfortable about going to a ferret-knowledgable vet.  We live on the
Wisconsin/Illinois state line, right along Lake Michigan.  We are willing
to go to Milwaukee on the north, down to Chicago and around to South Bend
to reach a good vet.

Thanks!

-Laura