From:
Amy Goldman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Oct 1996 12:47:24 -0400
Darlene wrote about Laz who won't use the litter pan:

We have one of those too.  We finally gave up, and use pieces of newspaper
instead.  We still have a litter pan in the cage (which our other ferret
does use), but we also have a piece of newspaper in front of that that
extends to the front of the cage.  They never miss one or the other of those.
When we let them out, we put down paper also.  Generally, they are pretty
good about not missing, except when they are trying to make a point!  :^)

I was frustrated too, and someone advised me that sometimes you just have to
let them tell you what they want! :^)  I'm convinced that he has his reason
for not using the litterbox - I just don't know what it is! :^)

Try training him to newspaper - you might have more luck!  (And it's pretty
easy cleanup too - we just change the paper twice daily.)

Good luck,

Amy

----
[log in to unmask] is:

Amy Goldman
Dimensional Insight                   Voice: (617) 229-9111
111 South Bedford Street              Fax:   (617) 229-9113
Burlington, MA 01803