From:
"Erin T. Sabater" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 May 1999 13:28:48 EDT
Jadesun,
Hi there, I had to cremate one of my babies recently, and my oldest ferret,
Ayla, has insulinoma, so we may only have her in our lives for a very short
time now.

Getting to the urn thing.  I looked at a lot of urns.  The small brass ones
are nice, but they look like what they are.

I found that Ginger jars (can be found in Asian stores, or specialty shops,
even wal-art carries some now) are just what I was looking for.  I have 6
ferrets and want them all to have their own urn.  (Small) Ginger jars are
quite beautiful, and are just the right size for our little fuzzies.  You
don't want something too big.  These ginger jars come in a wide variety
of patterns and colors.  They are truly beautiful.  They have a grace and
peace about them.  And for me, I wanted to be able to put my babies urns
throughout my house.  Because these ginger jars are so pretty, and a work
of art, they are wonderful to look at, as well as functional.  Meaning for
me that I can now display my babies in beautiful works of art.  I can look
at these ginger jars and remember the wonderful times I had with my babies,
rather than well up with tears everytime I look at a brass or porcelian
urn.  Please take the time to look at some ginger jars.  I think that you
will like them as much as I do.  They are not as morbid as traditional
urns.  They are beautiful works of arts, each individual in it's
beauty.......... just like our babies. :)

I hope this helps anyone that's having to face this.

God Bless The Fuzzbutts, and the humans that are owned by them.
Erin and The Kids (Ayla,Kato,Rikki,Cocoa,Cinder, and Tsunami)