From:
Lesley Colton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Jun 2008 19:05:21 -0400
Around the middle of last week, I noticed something very scary for
every ferret owner. My 3yr old Loki quit drinking. He stopped eating
his gravy. His kibble intake was minimal. I cried and made an
appointment for the vet. On Thursday, BART threw up and started
refusing gravy and water. I went to the bathroom to get ready to go and
took a gulp of tap water to rinse down a daily pill. I gagged and spit
it all out. The water had a tainted taste, like BAD dirt! I refilled
the glass and looked at it: clear. Smelled the H2O: it SMELLED like
rotten dirt and strange. I ran to all the water bowls and dumped them
out. They too contained the weird water! I refilled them with bottled
water and made some gravy with bottled water. The ferrets approved! I
thought that our pipes might have an issue (our house and surrounding
area is 90+ years old). However, tonight it was reported on the news
that people in our area have complained about "BAD" water, noticed
since Friday. The Watershed management, City of Atlanta water
department, has now admitted that there IS a problem. A Funky ALGAE
growth has bloomed in the inner city water supply. Bad news: your water
STINKS! Good news: it should not harm you! They hope to get the smell
out in a few days. BART! and Loki KNEW there was a problem a couple of
days before humans could tell. Maybe the City of Atlanta could hire
them???

Lesley