From:
sargentcolburn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 7 Mar 2002 17:40:28 -0500
Dear Ferret Folks-

Last night my husband and I were both bushed.  We lay in heaps on the
couch in front of the television like beached whales.  I was almost
asleep when I heard a faint crunching noise, and my husband began to
speak softly, matter-of-factly.  He didn't even open his eyes.  "There
is a ferret in my bag of taco chips."

(Long pause, followed by a tiny rustling noise from beneath the end
table.)

"Get out of my taco chips."
"Get out of my taco chips."
"Get out of my taco chips."

(One final crunch and rustle, followed by the sound of fur slithering over
plastic.  Then, the patter of little feet running away.)

Alexandra in Massachusetts