Date:
Sat, 1 Nov 2003 07:24:28 -0800
Hi, all.

I went to check up on a couple of little girls for a worried Daddy.  I
hadn't seen either of these ladies for a long time, it took me a while
to find them!

I found Wheezer in the field full of Old Trunks From the Attic.  There
are hundreds of those trunks there in the long grass, lids open in
invitation.  What ferret could possibly resist?  Not Wheezer!  When I
found her I was talking to her butt at first, because it was sticking
out of the top of a trunk full of antique shoes and boots.  The good
smells of old leather and rubber drifted down to me.  She was rooting
around, making a real racket.  There were shoes fallen out into the
grass all around the trunk.

Wheezer hopped down to talk.  She said she remembers James with nothing
but good feelings and memories, but she will *never* like dogs again.
She says she knows it was only a puppy, but it had very, very bad
manners.

Pym was taking a nap curled up in the soft, foam lining of a motorcycle
helmet that had been jammed up into the branches of a pretty big
red-leafed Japanese maple tree.  It is only about three feet off of the
ground, an easy climb and scramble up or down the branches.  I climbed
up to visit, she made room for me in the helmet.  It was tight, but we
fit.  We had a long talk.

Pym told me some wickedly funny stories about James.  She also said that
she holds no resentment against him, she knows that he did the best that
he could.  Pym, like Wheezer, says she had a good life with James.

The two ladies don't hang their hammies together, so to speak, but they
do meet up once or twice a week to gorge at the Fruit Bar.  That's where
I'm headed now, fresh honeydew chunks!  I love them!

Bye,
Sandee