Date:
Sat, 21 Jul 2007 20:20:47 -0500
Hi folks, dis be SaraFerret. Wowsie, it sure has been busy at de
bridge. Ferrets crossing at de speed of lights. But today is kinda
of slow so I was just starting to take a nap when just as I closes my
eyes, de little boy courier drops a note on my nose and den runs for
de hills. (Now why in blue blazes is de note necessary--I am right at
de bridge entrance where any ferret is gonna trip over me when dey
crosses). But.... I gets up, bites my tongue, as de boy courier has
taken off for parts unknown (smart ferret). I reads de note and gets
ready for de next crosser.

And dere she comes. And wowsie is she movin. She runs rights ups to
me and introduces herself to me,

Hi I am Angel, furdaughter of Mommy Laryssa and I am a silver ferret
and you must be SaraFerret de bridgegreeter and I am pleased to meet
you. (All of dis in one breath). And den she kinda wilts.

Well, I says to her, Its nice to meet you Angel, its nice dat your
Mommy told you abouts me, I see dat you have a super heavy backpack.
What dya have in it. Needless to say, Angel looked at me, as tho to
say, huh!

Do I have to give you everything, she asks.

No of course not, I says, I am just nosey, like any ferret. Well we
unzipped de backpack, and we pulled out de blue sleepsack wit little
white and pink flowers.

Wow, I says, Angel, how did you ever get dat ting into your backpack?
Dat mustve been someting to stuff. Well, she said, it wasnt easy, but
I did it.

After all dat chit-chat we wandered off to de Wing House, where we
looked at de selection of wings and she found de perfect set of wings
for herself. Naturally, de blue ones wit de pink and white flowers. (I
didnt even know dat we had dose, where did dey come from). Of course,
dey were marked especially for Angel, someone mustve known dat she was
gonna arrive soon and ran up a special pair for a special ferret angel.
I helped her get dem on and fitted her halo on her and den she zipped
over to de mirror. And den she saw a bit of a miracle. Her fur which
had been sparse, was now fluffy and soft, and she gazed on her
reflection and she fluffed her wings and turned and looked at me. Yes,
Angel, I said, you are a beautiful ferret, very beautiful, but your
Mommy was always proud of you no matter how you looked, fur or no fur.

Den we went on a short tour of de place. No use exhausting a
newly-arrived ferret with everything. We stopped by de otter mudslide,
de fruit and kibble bar, de boys play garage, de girls running lodge,
and den we stopped by de famous misting pond. I swished de water and
all of a sudden, she saw Mommy Laryssa appear. Den she started throwing
kisses wrapped in love to her and dey landed on de nearest shooting
star and by de time you read dis, you may receive dem. You will know
dem by de musky smell of Angel on your cheek and by de scratch feel of
her whiskers.

Den we walked toward my cottage where she decided to stay. I was
carrying her sleepsack, as she was having a bit of a time wit her new
wings. It is a bit of a challenge for new ferrets to get used to dere
wings. And dere at my cottage was a banner which read "Welcome to de
Bridge Party for Angel" . We went in and dere was de party in full
swing. Dere was music and wardancing galore.

And so ended another day at de Bridge.

Loveys
SaraFerret