From:
TwoSpooky <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Aug 1999 15:32:14 -0500
I have been staying *out* of the Modern Ferret debate, but I now have a
very good reason for posting.  I have now been PERSONALLY HURT by the
actions of those who have pressured PetCo into removing Modern Ferret
from their shelves.  How, you may ask?

Modern Ferret has been, for me, not only a great source of entertainment,
but also an invaluable source of information.  I find it infinitely
preferable to the "competition", a slick, professional magazine very light
on real content and published by folks who obviously don't give a
you-know-what about ferrets.  I've wanted a subscription for a while now
but I have been unable to find that much purely "discretionary" income --
all my extra money goes to bills and caring for my fuzzy babies.

That's why I was so overjoyed when our local PetCo opened and I discovered
that they carried MF.  I have since been able to peruse it freely and to
buy an issue here and there, when I can afford it and it seems there is
some valuable info contained therein.  This is how I first learned of
Lupron, a drug (yes, an expensive drug -- as I said above...) that recently
helped save the life of one of my babies.  *NO ONE ELSE* in my area carries
MF, at least none I have been able to discover, and of course the library
doesn't have it.

Now, I am unable to get, or even *see*, MF at PetCo.  Congratulations.  You
who've contributed to PetCo's decision have been pretty damned successful
in deciding what *I* can read.  Forgive me if this sounds flame-ish, but
just who the hell do you think you are?

-Tasha