From:
Chris Kibler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Apr 2000 19:48:49 -0700
The good news is, the lost ferret in University Heights has been found.
The bad news is, someone won't return her.  The owner was called thru a
second party, and when he mentioned the $50 reward, the second party
checked with the person who found the ferret, and they wanted $60.  The
owner of course was furious and refused.  Unfortunately now the person
who found the ferret hasn't called him, and the 2nd party won't talk to
him.  The 2nd party is a 10 year old girl,who was with a classmate when the
ferret was found.  Her classmate's mother has the ferret.  Unfortunately
when calling the 10 year old girl, the father hangs up.

Because ferrets are illegal in CA, there isn't a lot legally that can be
done.  Please keep these people in your thoughts and prayers and hope the
ferret is receiving proper treatment.

The ferret was lost and probably found in the University Heights (San
Diego, CA ) area.  If you know anyone in this area, please have them
contact me so we can try to figure out who is holding this ferret for
ransom!

Chris K.
Ferrets Anonymous Lost/Found Coordinator
619-440-8823