From:
Pat BAby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:07:30 -0600
After reading the post about the ferret tearing the screen, I thought I
would share. I have 8 ferrets at my home, some mine, some fosters. The
patio door off my dining room has been an issue in the summer. In order
to have the door open and just the screen closed, I have had to block
it with Plexiglas to beyond a ferrets reach. I knew there was a screen
available called pet screen, but I just hadn't gotten around to getting
it. This summer I was in Wal mart and they have these kits with the
screen, spline (the rubber thing that holds the screen in the frame)
and a spline tool. This stuff is wonderful. My one little foster Lilu,
who misses nothing, immediately climbed about 4 feet up the screen.
She decided there really wasn't anything up there to see, so climbed
back down. All the kids gave it a good scratch and climb and then when
nothing happened, left it alone. One word of caution. It is not easy to
put into tyhe frame. Being thicker than regular screen, it takes some
muscle to pull it tight and get the spline in place. I needed some help
from my roommate near the end. It is definately worth the trouble, and
not expensive. In Canada, I paid $30 for the whole kit to do my large
patio door. You can get less expensive kits for windows.

--
Pat BAby
Everything will be alright in the end!

http://albertaferretsociety.com