From:
Brad Falk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 16:55:31 -0500
I also enjoyed seeing the ferret in Starship Troopers.  Is it me, or are
they becoming more common?  Certainly people in the movie business are
ferret owners (we are everywhere), and as CA residents, movie makers,
directors and writers may be engaging in a little publicity campaign of
their own.  Portraying a positive image of ferrets and all that.  I'd like
to think so.

Anyway, while I enjoy the ferret appearances, I've always been surprised at
the vocalizations that tend to go with the ferret appearances - they never
sound *anything* like any ferret I've ever heard.  Starship Troopers was
another example - a chittering sound, too high-pitched and very
un-ferretlike.  Almost sounded like a bird.  Did anybody else notice this,
or is it that our two ferrets (plus any others I've heard) don't sound like
the ferret did in the movie?  Did anybody think the vocalizations were
realistic?

About mail order TF: Jeffers Pet Supplies, a mail order company in Missouri
sells a 15-lb bag for $39.40, plus shipping (about $4.00).  There is another
mail order company specializing in ferret supplies only (The Ferret Store)
that sells it even a little cheaper.  The have a web page, so they shouldn't
be hard to find (don't have a # handy).  You can order from Jeffers by
calling 1-800-JEFFERS.

If you found TF significantly cheaper than this in a store it may be because
the food does not have an unlimited shelf life, and it may have been marked
down to move it.

Claudia
Los Angeles, CA