From:
Chere McCoy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 4 Jan 1999 15:36:36 EST
Apologies to everyone.

As you know Ferret Friends of Indian River County Ferret Shelter test many
products.  Products that are approved we keep on a list.  We now have 11
approved products (yes the list is short but there are 10 products not
approved for every one that is).

Before testing Febreze by Proctor & Gamble we contacted the company.
Proctor & Gamble stated "the product is safe for Ferret's DO NOT SPRAY ON
THE FERRETS, and we do not recommend the ferrets be in contact with the
product until the product has dried.  the product is for use on fabrics"

We have had ongoing test of Febreze since February 1998.  The FFIRC Shelter
approved the product in November 1998.

We found the product to significantly control odor's in carpet's and
furniture.  It works great as an odor control on carpets in corner's where
ferret's have urinated or defecated (by accident of course).  Please note
we clean the corner's first by picking up the feces, then vacuuming and
then using the Febreze.

Again I apologize for not responding to the question regarding Febreze
before.

Now if anyone would like to donate some of the Febreze product to our
shelter - hey we would love that <grin>

Chere McCoy
Ferret Friends Disaster Response International