From:
"Ferrets First Shelter, TX" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 May 1997 23:04:09 -0400
Hi gang,

I have not used this account in over 6 months so most of you will not even
recognize this address, but today it is my only access to the ferret world!
My usual address is [log in to unmask]  But today Flashnet has died!  Well, my
file in their system died anyway, so I couldn't log on at all today and
spent 5 hours this morning arguing with them and reprogramming login stuff
over and over and over, to no avail.  I talked to 5 tech support people and
none could find the problem.  Well, I had more important things to do you
know (poop to scoop) so I dropped it and went on LBP and saw to all the
fuzzies' needs here and rotated playgroups, gave meds, etc., etc..  Then
went off to work for a couple of hours.

If any of you have been heard of the devastating tornado that hit Tuesday
here in Texas and are concerned about me, please rest assured we are all
safe and sound here!!!  The tornado hit south of us, haven't had time to
look at a map, but I think that town is a couple hundred miles away.  Though
I have been on the phone trying to let rescuers there know that I will come
and pick up any fuzzies they find, but as yet, have not gotten through.
Jarrell, TX is a *tiny* town, no PD, no AC or shelter, only a FD (probably
volunteer).  The Red Cross acts as if they couldn't care less since I am not
a truck driver volunteering to carry in human necessities (that is the only
help they want at this point).  They don't even want to talk about the
animals.  I will continue to try, and did hear on my local news that an
emergency animal shelter had been set up there, but alas, phone lines are
horribly clogged.  I hit the redial button for 2 solid hours and never got
through!!!

Next came the call in about a found ferret, so I had to pick that little gal
up from a town 25 miles away.  She's safe, appears healthy and happy.  A
light sable MF, under 1-year-old, I've tickled her toes and ears too, and
she still won't give up and tell me what her name is though.

Upon returning home, started LBP *again* (that's Litter Box Patrol :>) and
then sat down for 3 more hours of arguing with flashnet technical people (I
feel I must know each and everyone of them by name now) to no avail.
Finally at 10pm they discovered *they* have a problem and my acct is messed
up, however they can't fix *their* problem until 5am in the morning when the
whole system is reset!!!!  Still no mail!!!

On TOP of that, they dumped todays mail this morning when they were fooling
around with my acct!!!  So PLEASE resend anything you have emailed me in the
last 2 days.  And please send to both accounts.  This one and
[log in to unmask]  So sorry for this mess, believe me!!  Thanks for your help,
concern, and patience.  I promise, it isn't my fault.

You know, they really should make sympathy cards for people who's email has
crashed.  I sure could use some cheering up.  I even had to phone someone to
read the portion of today's fml to me so I'd know what happened in court
yesterday with Kodo (I sent quite a letter to the governor, btw, sure hope
they don't come after me).

<sigh> .....just another day in the life of a shelter mom.

Kisses to the fuzzies,
Trish
Director, Ferrets First Rescue & Shelter