From:
Sally Filler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Feb 2004 12:55:14 -0800
I believe my ferrets are taking inspiration from the Ferret Calendar
February ferret and am wondering if anyone else is having problems.

It all started Groundhog Day, having turned to Mr. February the night
before.  I had just poured my coffee and was settling down to read my
morning FML when I heard a crashing noise coming from the kitchen.  I see
two brown nosed ferrets up on the kitchen counter, an unusual sight since
one is an albino and the other a light colored cinnamon usually with a
very pink nose.  Also unusual because my husband had installed child
proof locks on the cabinets and had successfully prevented unwanted
ferret help on the counter for over a year now.  Surveying the carnage, I
see wet coffee grounds spewed over the counter, sink and onto the floor,
an obvious ritual weasel war dance site.  This was just the beginning of
a week from hell.

Since then, I have witnessed many incidents of evil behavior such as
random trash can tipping, a senseless act since no one took time from
their marauding to even investigate for treasure.  Someone climbed up on
the dresser, and has stolen the soles from my husband s shoes.  A glass
container of talcum powder that has rested in peace next to the tub for
four years, was knocked off and rolled in.  There was also the theft and
subsequent hiding of an entire new box of feminine products.  I m sure
they will eventually turn up later this month at the most inopportune
time.  Probably when my teenagers have friends over.

I should have foreseen that smiling ferret in the devil suit as warning
of wickedness to come and gone straight to March.

Worried in Washington,
Sally & the Little Devils   Kiwi, Crisco and Butters.