From:
Ferrets at Heart <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2013 10:52:00 -0400
Hello all!

We've been rather quiet online, but our community outreach has grown in
the Franklin, North Carolina, area! Also keeping us busy has been some
very ill fuzzbutts, but let's talk about some positive accomplishments,
including our partnership with Amazon to raise money for Ferrets at
Heart!

Ferrets at Heart has a huge new partner to draw funds into our rescue,
but we need your help to make this work. On our homepage, you'll see an
advertisement for Amazon products down the left side. We have posted
with it a notice that Ferrets at Heart will receive 4% to 10% of
ANYTHING that you purchase through that link. So, WHENEVER you want
something from Amazon, please drop in at http://ferretsatheart.com/
and use us as your portal to reach Amazon, so that our ferrets will
receive a cut of Amazon's profit to go towards shelter upkeep and our
community outreach. This is a major coup for our rescue!

I am thrilled to announce that our website has logged over 30,000
unique visitors! That is amazing for such a small niche site! Hurray
for marketing/advertising skills!

Who knew that posting my disappointment about the FML calendar's
cancelation would get us a longer deadline and Sharon overwhelmed with
photos and funds in three days! The power of social networking still
amazes me! All of you deserve metals for your last-minute heroic
efforts to keep our calendar a mainstay of the ferret community!
P.S. My FB and Twitter links are below in my signature.

On a personal note, my plans to get a job are moving along. I am
working with a vocational rehabilitation counselor who specializes in
finding employment for persons with a visual impairment. We have a
number of physical and telecommuting jobs in our queue, and I am still
mailing my articles off to magazines. Hopefully, something will fall
into place soon. I have not lost sight of my goal to have the entire
rescue in one house that I will own in the reasonable future.

A grief support group is helping me with some of my emotional set-backs
of the last year, and I have applied for more assistance through a
local facility with stress management classes. I need to get my blood
pressure down to prevent more strokes, and I must also learn to adjust
to the news that I will soon lose what little vision I do have. It is
all so much, but I can curl up with something furry, when nothing else
helps.

That is about it: community outreach, Amazon partnership, 30,000
website visitors, thanks for saving the FML calendar, and the
personal updates.

With respect,

Lori of Ferrets at Heart

Shelter: http://ferretsatheart.com/