From:
Kathy Gallagher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 08:00:31 -0400
>From:    "Caitlyn M. Martin" <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: MF again (argh!)
>I see we are in our latest round of MF bashing.  For example:
>
>>Another shelter operator near our area thinks the MF are more prone to
>>health problems and cancer in particular and tend to die younger than
>>ferrets from private breeders.
>
>How large a sample size is that?  What kind of scientific study has been
>
>done?  Without something concrete, this becomes an opinion that may or
>may *not* be based in fact.  It becomes just more anecdotal data.

Hi--

Of course this is anecdotal and unscientific.  Clearly the words "thinks"

I'm sure many shelter operators will tell you that they see more sick
ferrets than the average ferret owner because so many are old and or sick
ferrets.  Probably see more MF ferrets than average because people get a
ferret and later find out they don't want it and just dump it.

I probably see more biters than usual because I'm willing to take in biters
from other shelters and work them or put them in foster homes until they
are ready to be placed or spend thier lives in my care.

KG