Date:
Mon, 22 May 2000 03:57:37 -0300
Hello!

Ok, I have this incredibly cute, adorable, wonderful little boy (neutered),
who is about 10 months old - he loves playing, jumping, all kind of
activity - not much of a "lap ferret".  He *hates* bath time, and no matter
how I make sure the water is not too cold or too hot, not too deep so he
feels comfortable inside his "bathtub", he always trembles when he realizes
he is getting into my bathroom, and the first times even pooped inside the
bath tub, nervous (poor little thing, I try to bath him not too often).

- 1st question: Any tips of how to make his bathing time less stressful
  for him?  (considering I live in an apartment)

Anyway, lately, each time me or my mother get him out of his cage and move
towards "his" room carrying him (which is everyday when we come back from
work), he starts to tremble really strong for like 10 minutes or longer.
At first I thought he was confused, and thought we were going to bath him,
but nope, thats not it.

- So second question would be: Is it common/healthy for them to tremble
   like that out of excitment, or antecipation for out-of-the-cage time?
   Is there any other possible reason I'm failing in seeing?

- 3rd question: Do you guys actually manage to "walk" your ferrets, with
  leash, colar, everything?

I bought Kuychi (thats my baby, means Rainbow in quechua, an ancient
peruvian language) one of those colars that cross his chest, passes under
his front legs and tie on the back of his head - is it safe?  I just dread
the thought that I'll put him on the ground and he will get loose and
disappear - ick!

And even if it is safe - do they enjoy and get used to walk around and
explore being on a leash?

- 4th question: Does anybody know what medicine to give him for the
  "Giardea" worm?  (this is the latin name, though I'm not sure about the
   spelling)

His vet gave him meds for worms, but it didnt work, so I took his feces to
a lab and thats the result.  But now Im not 100% trusting her... (she said
he was fine, that he didnt even need to get more exams, that the little
worms on his feces were from flies- Im afraid he is the first ferret she is
taking care of, since they are not common here and she is really young)

Thank you for any help!

Best wishes for you and your fuzzies,

Dany.