From:
Otter-Candy Kroupa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 7 May 1997 08:15:13 EST
3-1/2" whisker??  wow!  I'd just leave it alone, even if it looks "funny"...
maybe he's trying to expand his zone of experience??  If you want to keep
your ferrets off the counters, you need counters about 4' or more high, and
NOTHING within about 5' of them......not you, not a chair, not anything!
Mine stay off the counters until I'm standing there -- then Lynx climbs up
my skirt (he's the only one interested in the counter tops) and into the
sink.  I've tried splooshing him with water but it doesn't work - he loves
it.  Usually if I keep putting him back on the floor he'll eventually give
up, but only after about 100 times.....persistent little guys, eh?  So I
kind of gave up trying and just let him go -- as long as I'm there to watch
him.

Also my weasels have ALWAYS licked...not sure why.  I just figured they
liked how we taste.....I just have to watch out for the "lick, lick, CHOMP"
syndrome.

OH and Maggie -- have you met Bob C????  Long hair - loves ferrets, not too
tall......

Dooks to all
Otter
Mitakuye Oyasin