From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Feb 1996 19:31:13 -0500
This is probably the best day I've had since rejoining the group.

I interviewed today for a teaching post, and I'm happy to let you know that
I won the job.  I'll be teaching a beginning Internet class to a small class
(8-12 students, I'd guess) for eight weeks starting on 15 March.  A couple
of the women who are teaching it now have offered their own notes for the
class, so it should be an enjoyable experience.  Mostly, the course is
intended to introduce students to E-mail and the WWW, but I should have a
chance to show them most of the other Internet resources (ftp, telnet,
Gopher, etc.) before I'm through.

There are a few bonuses atop this.  In the near term, this means that I'll
soon have full E-mail access, meaning that I can send through my normal
mailer.  I may get to teach the folks E-mail through Eudora (rather than MS
Mail), so there is a good chance that I'll be changing my E-mail address in
the next month.  This job will give me better access to the Unix machine
here (the real one, Steve, not the Linux :->), which will let me teach
myself more stuff and shore up my Unix.

Farther down the road, I've now taken another step towards a teaching
career.  There are a number of classes at the college which don't have
instructors yet.  If this class works out, it should pave the way for me to
teach those, as well.  And from there, who knows?  Financial security,
maybe?  ;->

                              Happy, happy, joy, joy!
                              Art