From:
scott sinclair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 2010 10:10:58 -0700
Saraferret, it has been 2 weeks since we had to let go and help our
darling little old girl, Wingnut, cross the bridge. Unlike any other of
our furkidz that have passed over in previous years, I have been unable
to sit and write about her until today, when I read Sue Pyrons poem,
"The Loan". I was so touched by this that I can now look through the
tears and give Wings her due.

Wingnut, aka Wings, PineNut, Nutticus, Nutz came to our hearts in 04 as
a rescue with her cagemate Gigabyte (who is anxiously awaiting Wings
arrival at the bridge). Both little girls (who were 2 or so when we got
them), were gorgeous little Silver Mitts; dainty paws dipped in white,
one with a pink nose and Wings with a black one (that never changed
over the years). We took them home to Northern CA and gave them a
wonderful home in the Redwoods. They immediately got along with the
rest of the gang at that time and settled in. In 06, we sold out in CA
and moved to AZ with the tangle of twelve. They loved the desert here
as well as the freedom of living in a state where fuzzies are legal.

Wingnut, was the sweetest little girl ferret anyone could ask for.she
had not a mean bone in her body and loved to curl up between my legs
under the sheets when she tired of her endless play. She was a dancer
and her antics brought joy to our lives.especially when she did the
group break dance with Gigs and Gigi. Her daily grooming of my
moustache became a ritual that we enjoyed for years.

But a year ago, at age 7, she started to slow dramatically, fighting
both adrenal and insulinoma issues. Her wonderful demeanor never
changed as her disease progressed.she was always the happy little girl,
poking her head out from under the blanket, yawning, then crawling out
to greet her mates and the warm desert sun coming in through the
windows. Finally, 2 and a half weeks ago, it became evident that she
was losing that burning light for life in her obsidian eyes. Fur almost
completely gone (except for a lopsided, comical Mohawk), she slept more
and ate less often (even tho she still enjoyed her duck soup 2x daily).
Her pred swollen body was telling us, it's time to go and for once we
listened, though our tears, as she told us it was alright to let her
go. She nuzzled our hands and licked ferretvite as she slipped away to
run forever in the tall grass across the bridge.

Saraferret, please greet our little girl and make sure that Gigs, Ivan
the Toeable, ABBA the dancing Queen, Bubba, Bodie, Blizzard, Beeper,
Bopper, Bounder, BonBon, Clyde, Casio, Flower, Max and Pal welcome her
and help her settle in. And don't forget to have her visit the pool to
look back on us and her mates (Geronimo, Woozle, Bisbee, Gigi and
Buddy) that she has left behind.

We will miss her and remember her in our hearts forever.run little
girl, run!!! And dance.

Putorius, mom and the (now) Fab Five.

Here's to Fins in the water, Feathers in the "aire" and tails in the
tall summer grass.