Date:
Mon, 12 May 2003 07:36:47 -0700
Wolfy's *Spring Clean* everything is such good advice.  I'm allergic to
my ferrets so do more bed washing etc than needed for most folks.  One
thing I'd like to add to Wolfy's list: I buy the unscented baby wipes at
Costco.  They work very well for wiping the ferrets, and a quick wipe up
for accidents.  I have a friend that has a professional carpet/furniture
cleaning business.  He says when using Nature's Miracle or any of the
enzyme type odor removers on carpet, use lots!!  Use nothing but plain
water first if necessary.  Pour on enough enzyme cleaner to soak through
to the pad and the floor.  Cover with a damp towel for 24 hours, then let
dry.  I know this works.  Two years ago we had a very ill kitty that had
several bad accidents on carpet.  I mean BAD.  After the area was dry
there was no stain or odor remaining.  On 3 or 4 accident areas I used
almost a gallon.  When washing bedding, etc I use a little white vinegar
in the final rinse.  Removes any detergent residue, a mild, natural
germicide.  NOT suitable when cleaning if ferrets or anyone is ill.

Ardith and the 3 ferrets that like their baby wipes *bath*