From:
dooknook <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2007 22:39:19 -0500
This past month quite a few ferrets from my shelter have gone on to
private homes and a few to other shelters, primarily due to my health
problems and not being able to physically and financially provide for
the care of so many. I've kept the ones unable to travel, most are old,
sick and on meds. They will stay here as long as I can care for them
but there's several that need surgeries and I just don't have the funds
to get these done. My vet bill is still outrageous from the rescue last
May and there's one male that must go in on Friday. I'm closed to new
intakes and have already had to say no to 9 ferrets the past two weeks.
Now there's another 8 that need homes or a shelter that can take them
in. I posted the information below to the FL Rescue Group and hope to
hear others can help.

I'm deeply grateful to those of you who took some of my kids and to
those who helped make it happen! Thank you and yes, things are easier
now. I'm managing pretty well with just 19. I lost Poncho on New Years
Day. :(

The ones needing homes: (both AC and HS charge a fee for adopting)

There are 3 ferrets with Animal Control in Jacksonville.

Angel, #A149469 is a single female, 1 year, 7 months old. Animal
Control is a kill shelter and these three have been there for awhile.
A big concern!

Two males, Gidget #A152717 is listed as a silver (picture shows a white
streak on his head), 2 years, 1 month old. Bandit #A152718 is a sable,
1 year and 1 month old. City of Jacksonville - Animal Care & Control
Center at (904) 387-8924 ext 3

There's also two at the Humane Society (no kill shelter) that must stay
together. Wiggles, ID: 1684050 Looks like he may be a sable mitt....
Kaipo, ID: 1684065 looks like a panda. Ages were not given.
Apparently there were two more that have been adopted.
Jacksonville Humane Society
Jacksonville, FL
904-725-8766

And my vet's office called today that 3 need to be surrendered.
Riverside Animal Hospital  904-384-1712

If you can give a new fuzzie or two a wonderful home please contact one
of the agencies above. I may have someone that can help transport with
a drive of about 3 to 4 hours on a Sunday.

Jackie & Crew
http://thedooknook.homestead.com/index.html  (needs updating)
In your lifetime, try to be the person your pet thinks you are.

~A special prayer goes out to another Angel in UT~