From:
Charleen Schuster <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Jun 2000 00:11:01 -0700
To the two people that posted on the FML, that I am not telling the truth!
I can only say that I am telling you what I and others have seen here at
some of the Petco's in Washington.  I have only mentioned one of many
incidents in the past year that we have seen with are own eyes!  As for the
person that said that the Ferret Farms does not send their ferrets by AIR
UPS you may be right on this, it was last winter when this happened and
this is what I remember, and as a normal human person I could have been
wrong All, I can tell you is the small wooden slat cage surrounded with
chicken wire with the jelly type substance was brought over to our shelter.
The kits were extrememly small and had to be hand fed by us till they were
ready to be returned to the Pet Store.

The ferret that was picked up two weeks ago by our director and was hand
fed all night and then one of our members picked it up and brought it over
to be to hand feed, hoping we could save it, which was not in Gods plans!
This all happened!  The ferret was to young to have been taken away from
it mom!

I also know that when a litter of ferrets come into a Petstore, that not
all of the ferrets are from the same litter.  You get some that are 5-6
weeks old, some are 6-7 weeks old and like this poor one was 3-4 weeks old.
They all had the Marshall Farm Tatoo on them and our director was shown the
papers that showed that they were 3-4 weeks old, according to the paper.

I have Marshall Farm ferrets that I have rescued and love them dearly.
They do have wonderful temperments, but then so does my breeder ferrets
that I have gotten from local breeders here in Washington.

I can tell you from the over 180 ferrets that have been turned into the
shelter, that only a very few have been breeder ferrets, all most all of
them are from Marshall Farm that came from our local Petco's.  Also the
ones that are not adoptable because of illnesses are all Marshall Farm
Ferrets.

As for saying well if it wasn't for Marshall Farms and Petco we wouldn't
have a Ferret Shelter.  You know what that would be the happiest thing I
could think of!  The only reason this shelter exist is because there are
so many ferrets needing homes!

I don't usually post on this FML very often, because of all the bickering
that goes on it.  I think it will be a long time before I ever post again!

A ferret lover!