From:
Sara Ferret <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Mar 2011 22:24:37 -0400
It was a lovely day at de Bridge. Another day of pure laziness for
SaraFerret as the kits were again visiting friends. Peace and quiet
and tranquility. Just lying in her new lounge chair doing nothing.
She was awakened by fuzzy wings against her nose (AH-CHOO!!!) and
she woke up to see Mimi, the little girl courier, with a note in her
paw. Mimi said,

"Oh SaraFerret, sorry to wake you like that. But there is a ferret
crossing the Bridge and I didn't know any other way. Is there any one
you want me to get?"

She handed me the note and I managed to shake myself completely awake.
I read it and told her who to fetch. I flew off to the entrance and was
just in time to see a large handsome angora DEW boy fuzzy with a heavy
backpack waiting for me there. (Thankfully he hadn't wandered off). So
I introduced myself,

"Hi I am SaraFerret and I am de Bridgegreeter. Welcome to de Rainbow
Bridge. Dis is your new forever home. Here you will have no more pain
or suffering. You will run on green grass forever and have lotsa
friends. Did I mention de fun and games?"

He looked at me with the most stunning eyes I had ever seen and said,
"My name is Draco and I belong to Mommy Cyndi. I have been waiting at
this entrance for a bit. What took you so long? (I blushed to myself
thinking of being asleep on de job--bad bridgegreeter!!!!!!!!!) Where
are the friends that Mommy said would be here? Was she just telling me
a story?"

I replied, "Draco, I apologize for the delay in greeting you. You will
see some of you friends in a little while, so please be patient. I can
understand you getting a bit upset and worried. I was concerned also
when I came here. I notice you are carrying a very heavy backpack (you
see, unlike humans, fuzzies can take it with them--anything they can
stuff in their packs). Not to worry, I am not gonna take it from you.
I am just curious to see what others bring from earth. After all it
has been so very long since I made that long ago journey here."

So he carefully unzipped his pack and took out a tiny piece of silver
fabric, a red chenille crackle/rattle star, a green shamrock gold coin.
I was truly amazed that he got that all in there. I said, "Draco, did
you have any help?" He replied, "Well, a passing angel helped." I said,
"I thought so." So together we stuffed it back in his pack and zipped
it up. (I knew it helped to have another two paws). Then I told him
about a big surprise. He was gonna get wings--so he could fly about the
heavens. He said his Mommy had already told him about those. (I thought
to myself, Oh pink rabbits! I can't even surprise him). So I told him
to follow me.

Off we went down the garden path to the Wing House. At the door we met
his friend, Super Tonks. He was so happy to meet someone he knew. We
opened the door and on the counter was a big box--of course. He opened
the box and took out de wings--Red with Green racing cars. I helped him
put on his wings and Super Tonks put on his halo. Then he ran to the
big vanity mirror and gazed at his reflection. Then he turned to me and
said, "Gee I wish Mommy could see me now." Then I gots an idea. But
before we could leave Draco turned to me and gave me a big hug and a
kiss, and said, "Miss SaraFerret, I didn't mean to be so grumpy at the
entrance." I replied, "Oh Draco, you are just ever so sweet. I don't
know the last time I have been hugged. I am just sorry for the delay."
Then we went out the door, where we were met by his friends, Bean,
Bear, Toast, Fannie Mae, Farrance, and Thor. (Now he knew Mommy hadn't
been telling him stories).

We went down the path to the Misting Pond. We sat down beside the cool
clear water and with one swish he saw the vision of Mommy appear. He
got so excited he started waving and dooking with all of his might.

"I love you Mommy. Thank you for loving me. Thank you for making my
life better while I was there. I have wings with racing cars in them
and soon I will be able to fly. I feel lots better now. And all of my
friends are here."

Then he began to throw hugs and kisses and a few heaven flowers he had
picked and laid them on a nearby shooting star which was headed to your
house and by the time you should read this it should have landed there.
And with another swish the vision was gone.

We gathered in the road leading to the cottage. I listened to them talk
about the party. Tonks said something about a Cloud Castle but I didn't
catch it and oh there was mention of visiting the chinchillas on their
side and the rabbits over there too. I was invited to come to the
party. But I was too confused by Castles, rabbits, and chinchillas by
then. So I gave Draco a hug and headed for home. The way the ladies
were hovering over him, I could tell he would be happy in his new
forever home.

Lovey and hugs,
SaraFerret, bridgegreeter