From:
MISS MEGAN J WISDOM <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 1995 08:56:31 EST
>...Continental Airlines was willing to grant a "special exception"
>and approve my taking two ferrets in an underseat carrier

When I was moving myself and my little Chelsea from London, England to New
York, I used Continental to transport us both.  Virgin Airlines doesn't
carry animals internationally at all and BA would only take her as very
expensive "cargo".  Continental was pretty good about it even though she was
considered a "special exception" as well and needed approval from higher up.
No problem in the end.  They took her at Heathrow and delivered her to me
when I arrived at Newark Airport.

Not so new, but silent FMLer, Megan and her 4 year old British sandy
gill Chelsea.