From:
Mellisa Eberle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 27 Dec 2002 00:17:55 -0600
I am uncertain if the so called "breeder" and "shelter manager" of the 4
now dead kits actually takes the time to read this forum.  However, I do
have a few choice words to say to the individual responsible for starving
the entire liter to death.  For those that personally know this "so
called shelter," please print the following for me and mail to the
demented individual responsible for the the 4 deaths.

I offered to pay all costs associated with relocating the now dead kits
to my home - to give them a chance at life.  Gee... you couldn't feed
them while you were at your job?  Could you pay a vet to feed them?  No -
you did not even care about the alternatives.  You could have simply
turned them all over to someone willing and able to care for YOUR
responsibilities.

Let me start by expressing my anger and disgust.  What a cold and
heartless individual you must be to starve 4 helpless animals to death.
You call yourself a breeder?  Please.  If you were a breeder, you would
have taken those poor kits to a vet with the jill.  Chances are, the vet
could have enduced milk production with the help of hormone injections.
At worst case scenario, the kits could have been tube fed and still be
alive tonight.

Yet, as a pet owner (or shelter operator), you took a responsibility to
provide necessary and adequate medical procedures for your animals.  I
would think as a breeder and shelter operator, you *might* have some type
of ethical standards.  Rather than take responsibility for your pets, or
allow someone else to intervene at their costs, you chose to starve your
animals to death?  Please, take a moment to imagine what a long and
sufferring death that was to those ferrets.  How dare you call yourself
a breeder or a shelter.

You should be ashamed for the deaths you caused.  You are neither a
breeder nor a shelter; you deserve neither such title.  You are one sick
person that considers pets disposable.  I would have considered each of
those kits a GIFT.  How exactly did you feel to know helpless animals
under your care starved to death?

And yes - I read your website.  What beautiful cinnamons and blue-eyed
white kits you peddle to the public.  How many people would buy a single
animal if they knew you didn't really care a bit about those ferrets?  Do
you explain to them that when your animals sold for profit need medical
intervention - you leave them to DIE?  Yet, you claim to be a shelter
"saving" ferrets?

Please!

Mellisa Eberle (www.robandmellisa.com/hope.html)