From:
Linda Iroff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Jul 2000 19:44:45 -0400
I recently opened a bag of TF and discovered it was from the bad batch
(sell by June 01), so I called the Ferret Store and they immediately
shipped a new 30# bag.  Alas it was bad too (sell by 13 Sept 01).  I
called the Ferret Store and they put me on hold a couple minutes.

They told me they had no good 30# bags, but were sending 2 15# bags.  They
say Performance Foods ASSURED them the 15# bags were ok.  I hope so, since
in another day or so I'll be completely out of TF.  Fortunately, my guys
eat a mix, so I have just added more Iams kitten, a couple sample bags of
the Ferret Store's Superior Choice, a bit of TF senior, and some Eukanuba
kitten.

I believe TF is an excellent food, and Performance Foods a good company.
But I am concerned that it took them so long to publically acknowledge
this problem (food was shipped as early as April), and that they are still
having problems clearing the bad food from their distribution channels.

Anyway, this is an excellent example of why many people recommend feeding
your ferret a mix of foods!

Linda Iroff
Oberlin OH