Date:
Tue, 7 Aug 2007 12:24:49 -0500
Hi,

I am new to the list so I hope it is ok to post this. My wife and I
have owned ferrets for a number of years and dearly love them. Two
weeks ago we saw a new commercial on FOX that was really disturbing.
It portrays a masked ferret with a chain saw attacking a couple in
the woods. The line reads that "ferrets attack more people than bears".
We have contacted Pepsi the manufacturer of Mountain Dew to voice our
displeasure with this commercial, we have also sent email to Fox
Networks and our local Fox affiliate.

Ferrets tend to get a bad rap in the media and the only way to curb it
is for ferret owners to voice their feelings. We have all heard and
seen the attrocities that are inflicted on animals and for a major
manufacturer and a network to malign such a sweet animal is beyond
terrible.

If you have seen this commercial and feel the same way we do, please
contact Pepsi, Fox network and your local stations to tell them to
stop this.

Thank you.
Pat Woodworth.