From:
Margaret Merchant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 May 1998 02:06:17 +0000
Hey Everyone,

You mean, still not enough of my personal life on the Mob list lately or the
FML?  Of course, the Mob list swears they like my ranting and raving.  But
I guess I have been too quiet and too nice lately, can't leave well enough
alone.  But that ain't my problem.  And I still ain't gonna tell.  So there.

>If that last remark was aimed at me, I'm not sure where it came from.  I'd
>prefer to discuss this privately, rather than subjecting nearly 3000 FML
>subscribers to it.  (M.started filtering my email a few days ago, due t o
>an unrelated matter, so I couldn't send this part direct to her, sorry
>folks.  *sigh*)

Well Ilena...for not wanting to subject the list to this, you have done an
outstanding job.  Actually, I never even got around to filtering your mail
anyway.  Besides, you did call my house on Saturday and leave a message
while I was...occupied.  Did your phone not happen to work today?

Ilena, you could have simply asked if that was aimed at you, without talking
about filtering mail.  I mean, wouldn't the first sentence quoted here
sufficed quite nicely?  And for the record, it was actually aimed at
everyone on this list, including myself, not anyone person.

Take the test for lethal dose.  I thought I was right, but I could be wrong.
I will take Miss Ela's word for it.  I know saying she is right will make
her happy.  ;-) There are, and have been in the last 3 years, many folks who
state opinions as if they were facts.  Some do it just because it is a style
of writing, others do it without intending any harm.  I have stated *many*
times that you should take everything with a grain of salt.

I don't know who the vet in question was talking about.  I do know he has
lectured on ferret care and surgical proceedures to other vets, and was also
gracious enough to lecture the Houston club in the past (he has a wonderful
slide of a ferret spleen that appears as large as the ferret it was removed
from).  This just came up recently again with him, and I felt since I was
trying to point out that diet is not quite as critical as we sometimes make
it out to be, that this was a valid thing to think about.

Warning
****Next statement not directed at anyone either****
I am not god and I don't know everything, I am never, ever right all the
time.  And as far as I know, no one else on this list qualifies either.
Hell, even the best vet's can be wrong, and it is MEDICAL ARTS FOLKS.  They
refer to medicine as an art for a reason.  It is far from exact science.
But then, all of science is too.  There was a time when the sun circled the
earth you know.

Mo' Maggie Monkey Margaret of Mid Missouri
"You know, my life would make a wonderful Jerry Springer show. I have a
theme  even..."
Me

[Moderator's note: Truce.  At least on the list -- the details about why
someone is filtered from another's address book isn't appropriate for the
FML.  BIG]