From:
Sukie Crandall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Dec 1999 13:35:09 -0500
As usual remember that I am NOT a vet.

Re: fighting ECE ferrets: Not only are ferrets sometimes more inclined to
be grumpy when ill -- just like humans, but sometimes they lose their scent
or temporarily have it altered and they sometimes don't seem to recognize
each other.  (The problem may therefore be temporary.)

Babies sometimes have quite mild cases of ECE, but there is also the
possibility that the store itself -- cages, floor, etc. was contaminated
and that the babies in the store just hadn't broken with the disease from
their own exposure, yet.

We've had excellent results by replacing the useful bacteria with yogurt
containing live cultures given as treat.  Preferred flavor depends on the
ferret.

Unfortunately, our vet has also seen vaccination reactions with Galaxy --
in fact, he once said he'd personally seen more with that.  Some others
have seen more with the Fervac.

BIG's "I": "Inventive", "Industrious", "Indispensable", "Incredible"...
(PLEASE, continue this list!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

210 of 3074 have introed!  Hey, whatever happened to everyone having
15 lines of fame!

Happy 2000!

Sukie, Steve, Meeteetse, Warp, Jumpstart, Ashling, Scooter, Glueball,
and Seven of Six

[Moderator's note: I'll Ignore It.  BIG]