From:
"Oden, Shelley M" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Feb 1998 08:18:28 +0000
Has Pro Plan changed its ingredients?  We were using it last summer when I
noticed I was cleaning up more food than poop.  My group had loved Pro Plan
until this time.  I checked the ingredients and they had changed just enough
that the whole group (8 of them) revolted and wouldn't eat it anymore.  We
tried mixing Pro Plan with Iams and they would throw the Pro Plan out and
eat the Iams so we eventually changed to just the Iams.  Now when I clean
their rooms there is very little food mess.  Luckily my husband found a pet
store in Lincoln, Nebraska that has Iams for about 5.00 cheaper than we've
found it in Kansas.  He stops in every month and gets a few bags.

Also, I was thinking about my ferret Lefty (she was white with dark eyes and
had a dark spot around her right eye) who passed away last Summer, she was
older and never adjusted to the new foods we tried after the Pro Plan
changed.  We kept her and her roommate Jell-O apart toward the end.  Jell-O
was about 8 months old and full of energy.  After Lefty died, Jell-O went to
Lefty's cage.  She checked out the hammock, the bed box, and the searched
all of Lefty's hiding places to find her (she pulled out Lefty's leather
glove and shoe collection and checked them out).  It was really a
heartbreaker.  I came home to find my teenage daughter crying because Jell-O
is her ferret and it made her realize how attached ferrets can get to their
companions.  It was several weeks before Jell-O quit looking for Lefty.

Shelley