Date:
Wed, 22 Sep 1999 22:54:46 -0500
Hi Everyone,

There is a building effort to make Columbia Missouri a legal zone for
ferrets.  It has been a ferret free zone for a long, long time.

I was asked tonight, well I had already been volunteered, by my vet to help
out.  She has already given my name to several local vets who are grouping
to work toward getting the laws changed here.  Although I live outside of
the city limits, and am there for a legal ferret owner, I told her that I
would be happy to help gather information for their fight.

I know that there are certain individuals who keep such info handy.
Unfortunately, the biggest source also refuses to help me out on anything,
so I am hoping some others can either pass the info along to me, or help
out directly.  I am looking for statistics on ferret bites vs. other
animals, domestication information (how long etc) and any thing else to
help convince folks that ferrets are not a wild animal.

I will look the best I can, but I am betting that the best information is
in private hands and not available on the web.  If it is, please point me
in the right direction.  I am rather scatterbrained this week from stress,
and will admit to needing the help.  It will be greatly appreciated.

Mo' Maggie and the Missouri Freedom Fighters