From:
tlelmore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 May 2004 21:37:24 -0500
Hello all and sending warm thoughts to those of you with sick or departed
fuzzies.

A couple months ago I wrote in concerning my ferret Princess who had
insulomina and I was debating on whether or not to have surgery on her.
"Something" kept telling me to go through with it, and I am so glad that
I did.  The operation was very succussful.  Princess had 2 relatively
large tumors on her pancreas- 4 times the normal size of most tumors the
vet said.  When I was able to pick her up the next day, the vet also said
she was more active than most ferrets coming out of surgery.  Princess
was definitely active!  She even enjoyed showing her bare belly off to
everyone- and this is the fuzzy who can't stand for her belly to be
tickled.  She would roll over on her back and stretch her little arms
and legs way out as if to say, "Look at my beautiful belly!  It's naked!"
Of course now all her fur is back and she's not showing off her belly
anymore.

For 2 months now Princess has been completely weened off Prednisolone and
is still more active than ever!  She has so much more energy and has
never played this much since she came to be with me.  It's such a joy to
see her run and roll around all over the place and I am so thankful for
each day that I don't have to give her those nasty meds.  She's even more
happy about that.

Thanks to all who shared their experiences, thoughts, etc regarding the
surgery.

Tara E and Princess Peapie