Date:
Tue, 3 Feb 1998 01:07:44 EST
I'm forwarding this on in case it didn't make the FML earlier....

Dear Pam,

I want to thank you very much for the information you sent.  The meeting was
a great success.  As I had stated the current city ordinances had not been
updated since 1986.  That will now be changed to include ferrets as a
domesticated pet.  They are going to add a section concerning rabies
vaccinations and in all respects consider them a pet just like a cat or dog
would be.  Of course the actual paperwork will take months to process but
once they are released I will forward you a copy.  The director of Animal
Services here is Robert Hillman.  He is the one responsible for allowing the
changes to the city ordinances.  I don't know much about the internet but if
you would like to forward this info to a newsletter that would be greatly
appreciated.  Many people contacted me with information and support to help
get this accomplished and I want to thank them all.  Myself and Mini Tafoya
of Albuquerque are now going after the county and the state.  There seem to
be more roadblocks here but at least we've made a step forward.  Thanks
again for all your help.

Sincerely,
New Mexico Ferret Friends
Jason Hill