Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 1995 12:42:14 -0700
hi to all ferret lovers on the mailing list.

i've been eagerly reading the fml for just a few months now, and i've
posted a couple of times, and in case i haven't yet done so, i'd like
to introduce myself and my beloved pets.

my name is linda. i have three ferrets, alvin, sally, and dweezil. and
we share our home with four cats, joshua, misty, raven, and flossie.
oops, almost forgot to mention my hubby, joe.

since we live about equidistant from baltimore and the d.c.  area, i was
wondering if any other fml'ers from this area could post to me, either
directly or on the mailing list, some info on local ferret associations,
shelters, suppliers, or any other ferret-related stuff.  i've tried to read
the faq, archives, etc., but i haven't had time to go over it all, so sorry
if this info has been posted before.

also, i was told by a friend that in maryland it is illegal to adopt a
ferret from a humane society unless you are the ferret's original
owner.....am i way off base here?

for anyone new to the area, or anyone looking for a good veterinarian,
please allow me to put in a plug for my vet, the gaithersburg animal
hospital.  we've been going to them since we moved here in 1986, and
they're the best i've ever dealt with. we always request dr. michael
berbert or dr. deborah alls-temples.  "dr. mike" has helped my cats
through cancer, hyperthyroidism, mammary gland tumors, and all sorts of
stuff (my cats are 13 and 14 years old, but think they're still
kittens.) both dr. mike and dr. debbie are very knowledgable and
wonderful with our ferrets.

anyway, thanks for all the wonderful info you all on the mailing list
have provided.

linda