From:
Michelle Alverson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 15 Oct 2003 20:19:07 -0700
Permission to cross post this update in it's entirety

Hi everyone!!  We apologize for taking so long to post an update.
Thank-you to everyone following and supporting this rescue for your
patience!  This past weekend, 13 of the crew went to Nola's Ferret
Shelter in New Orleans.  They arrived safely and are currently settling
in great and doing awesome.  One of these angels has a home in Texas
waiting for her and the others are ready for adoption.  Though we miss
them, it is comforting to know they are doing well and that they will
find forever homes soon.

Our veterinarian bills, of course, are stacking up.  We have spent close
to $1500 since the beginning of this rescue.  We'd like to send our
sincere thank-yous out to everyone sending donations to our vet and
encourage any further financial donations to be sent there as well.  The
address can be found on our web site's main page where all the Titusville
Rescue info is.  This week we continue yearlies with 10 ferrets
scheduled.  We also have two ferrets going in for much needed dentals.
We also did full panels (blood work) on 9 of them.  We verified our
beliefs that two have insulinoma (which we were treating for).

We had a small silver female that came in very dehydrated and sluggish.
She has been monitored closely and we have been giving her fluids,
feedings, and love since she arrived.  Saturday, she was bouncing around
the shelter playing and dooking and doing awesome.  She has graduated
from the 'special needs cage" to the main group and continues to be in
great shape!  She will be our first "featured" ferret on the web page
within a day or so.

We are looking to schedule two needed adrenal surgeries and one
insulinoma surgery.  We will keep you posted on the when of this and how
it turns out.

Again, we would like to thank those of you who have donated time,
supplies, and finances to this cause.  It is very needed and appreciated.
We received a package from the folks at Fuzztek Central rescue yesterday,
it was heavy and full of great stuff.  THANKS!!  We also received a pair
of silver ferret earrings from Neeps from a mystery donator.  We assume
these are for ebay or raffle (although many volunteers are goggling at
them, myself included!  LOL) and thank you greatly.

We are currently running low on fabric softener (liquid or sheets),
Ferretone, Pooper Scoopers without the slits (now that we have Wood Stove
Pellet Litter- thanks ClubMed!!) , large scoops for food, ferret toys,
items for ebay and raffles, and, as stated, financial help for the vet
bills.

Thanks again to everyone for all you have done!!

Michelle Alverson, President
Ferrets-N-Limbo, Inc.
A Non-Profit, 501(c)(3) organization
407-869-6981