From:
Date:
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:11:22 -0800
>From:    Sandi Ackerman <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: zen's great knowledge

Your stories get a bit more unbelieveable with each extension.  You are
also quite guilty of misquoting and removing context.  I try not to remove
context where it is important to the real meaning of a sentence.

>(I can't help myself.) DUH!

You would come across better if you tried to limit discourse to a polite
stating of facts and opinions on the ferrets and the issues.

>We're not talking about a healthy ferret zen, we're talking about a ferret
>who's now dead.

Your data actually supports my point.  You did not succeed.  When the life
of a kit is in question drop your feelings of superiority and reach out to
the various ferret breeders in the area.  I'm sure many of them will strive
to help the kit despite your well known bigotry against ferret breeders.
Let the kit's life be more important than ego.

>As you're aware, I'm NOT a breeder, so being ignorant to the fact that one
>wouldn't even bother trying to save a life, I always go ahead and give it
>a go.

A deceptive misuse of what I wrote...

I clearly said that we who breed do try to save the kits BUT through
experience we know what works and what doesn't.  We use surrogate jills
whenever possible.  Most of us will drop any of the silly politics in
favor of saving the kits.  We'll drive several hours because we know that
a surrogate mother approach has a much higher success rate.  (Hard not to
be higher than 0%)  We'll even try hand feeding the kits for the hours it
takes to reach the destination.

>And of course a 1 cc syringe [...] is an excellent choice if you can't
>shave enough rubber off of the nipple.

The 1 CC syringes are not a good choice as the hard plastic is a bad
simulation of the soft teat.  The kits just don't have instincts to suckle
a hard tube unfortunately.

So far the nipples we've found have inner diameters larger than we'd want
the outer diameter to be.  Makes shaving the rubber also not an
alternative.

Ilena Alaya has however offered an idea that seems far more likely to
succeed - I'll investigate it more.

an badly trimmed quote out of context from me...
>>Rabbits are cheap compared to ferrets.

>Gee, in my little world all life is precious.

That was a rather overt cheap shot.  As I stated that pet owners such as
us didn't see things the same way pet stores did.

I was referring to monetary cost to a pet store, not an emotional value of
life to you or I.

Yet I'll also wager your "all life" isn't exactly accurate.  You are
attempting to glorify yourself in realtion to me.  I'll bet you kill fleas
and mites.  Everybody decides for themselves what life for any particular
creature is worth for themselves.  We personally do not treat all life as
the same.  We let our cats kill the mice that get into our stored hay for
example.  My goats are more precious than the mice.  We do not allow
parasites on us or our animals.  Again our pets are more precious than
intestinal worms.

>From:    Leigh Whitaker <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Collodial silver

I found interesting this page linked to by the one you cited.

http://homepages.together.net/~rjstan/becker.html

It makes the claim that Dr. Robert O Becker who was associated with SUNY at
one point is against using his name to promote colloidal silver.  We were
sent a list of papers of which Dr. Becker was a co-author while at SUNY.
None had a title that suggested a study of colloidal silver.
http://www.ec.hscsyr.edu/ortho/spadaro.html  (Thank you again Steve)

Unfortunately though it isn't necessarily more accurate than those that do
use Dr. Becker's name as it is just one web site.

Yet it is not easy to get rid of web pages that make false claims about
people.  I know from first hand experience.

-bill
--
bill and diane killian
zen and the art of ferrets