From:
Jennifer Skeem <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Nov 1998 05:37:01 -0800
We recently lost our 4-year MF ferret, Zoe, to adrenal cancer-related
problems.  She had her left gland removed at age 2, and recently died
after surgery, where we discovered that an egg-sized tumor had wrapped
around her left kidney, aorta and vena cava (she fought very hard!).

We would like to adopt another baby, but not if we can't dramatically
reduce our risk of having to go through this again.  About a year ago,
I remember someone was conducting an epidemiological study on adrenal
cancer.  Does anyone know where I can find the results of that study?
Is this related to a breeder-based genetic defect?  Spaying too early?
Do we have any leads?  Thanks in advance,

Jennifer Skeem
Pittsburgh, PA