From:
Jean McKim <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Jun 2000 17:32:31 EDT
My 4 month old is fussy at this very instant and I will have to go to him
soon, but we have a bit of experience with this.  We had our first round of
ferrets when my oldest was born.  I had had these ferrets since they were
kits.  We did not allow them or any of our animals near him until he was
older.  When he was crawling I remember the ferrets playing hide and seek
behind the couch with him (supervised of course).  When my daughter was
born our remaining ferret was so old (9) that she didn't get out much and
it was pretty much moot.  Now we have 6 ferrets, all "preowned".  We also
have 5 kids and lots that visit.  The ferrets get playtime when baby is
elsewhere.  I have started to hold the baby in the living room while they
are out and they seem curious but not too curious.  Of course, they are
used to kids, dogs, cats, and birds and not much phases them.  Good luck
and remember - above all, supervise!

Jean