From:
"Sandy E. Schieman" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Mar 1996 20:55:19 EST
Hello there fellow Ferret Lovers, Friends and Fanatics!

Wow!  Did I finally get home in time to write something to the bestest folks
in the whole dang world?  Reckon I must have for here I are, doing something
that I love to do....

(Thirty minutes later)....  My buddy, Frisco, just called - he's the one who
had the two ferrets who needed homes.  Him and Millie were out in the
driveway cleaning the cage with a garden hose (don't ask) when two ladies
pulled up and asked them if it was a ferret cage.  Frisco allowed as to how
it was and that he had two ferrets that lived in it.  To make a long story
short, $150 changed hands and the two nice ladies carted off the two ferts,
clean cage and all, to meet with their other two wee beasties.  I told him
to make sure that they had my phone number just in case the introductions
did not go well.  Jan at the GDFA had kindly offered to rescue them if need
be, but I just heard from Amy and everything is going very nicely.  Joy to
the World!  Ain't it just plu plus amazing how things work out where ferrets
are concerned?

Don't worry, I'm getting to Odie's Big Adventure.  Frisco's call done
distracted me and I thunk of some other stuff I wanted to say but haven't
had the time to lately - us Old Ferts are so easily distracted.

I haven't been able to keep up with the FML or personal e-mail very well
lately.  The flu bug done rode ol' Paw Paw real hard, got him all lathered
up, and put him away wet.  During the five days that I laid in the bed being
just as pitiful as I could, the Shop decided to hold most of my service
calls until I was better.  Gee thanks.  The result has been a really crazy
schedule that leaves me begging for a bath, food and bed at the end of the
day.  Not to mention the fact that I'm still not really over the flu and
probably never will be if this insane pace continues.  I do have hope
though.  Needless to say, I'm so far behind that I may never catch up.
Heck, I don't even have time to put out a PML.  I must beg your patience and
indulgence once gain.  Thank you for your understanding.

Odie's Big Adventure: (I finally got to it - you are welcome!) As you know,
Tater and Odie live in our bedroom and sleep with us every night.  The rest
of the house is not exactly ferret proof, what with nine cats, three pooters
and 33 years of mess.  Mee Maw felt a sudden urge, which I know all too
well, about 2AM Monday morning.  Intent upon her mission of relief, she did
not pay attention to where her feets were as she hastily exited the bedroom
and headed for the little room down the hall.

As she reentered the bedroom I didn't think anything was amiss.  I scratched
Tater under his chin and the three of us settled back into the arms of
Morphius.

Mee Maw got up at her usual time of 4:30 and went to work on the pooters.
Tater and I did our best to stay asleep until Five.  Neither of us really
became aware when Odie was plopped down between us and heard Mee Maw's voice
telling him what a bad weasel he was.  When I finally stumbled into the
kitchen in search of hot brew, Mee Maw brought me up to date.

It would seem that Odie had taken advantage of Mee Maw's urgent inattention
to sneak out of the bedroom.  She found him in the pooter room sitting
between the file server and one of the printers, looking mighty pleased with
himself.  All three pooters had strange things on their screens.  That
didn't upset her too much because she knew how to fix them.  What really got
her attention was the fact that three of her Poinsettias and the Alberta
Spruce I gave her for Christmas were laying uprooted upon the floor and
emitting tiny cries for help.  She really came unglued when she discovered
that her briefcase, which she had left open, was full of potting soil.  She
tried her best to be mad at Odie but I doubted her sincerity when she gave
him a Pounce treat, kept rubbing him under his chin and telling him what a
bad weasel he was.  I think he done good.  He certainly loved all the
attention.

I'm happy to report that peace has been restored to the Schieman Estate
tonight.  Tater, Odie and Mee Maw are curled up together in our wee trundle
bed, which is where I should also be.  Oh yes, I just planted some pansies
in Mee Maw's briefcase - hope she likes them - I think it's a nice touch.

Many much hugs and loves to the fuzzies who aren't feeling so well tonight.
More hugs and loves and hopes to the good folks who have lost their much
loved friends.  In my humble belief, we will all meet again in a better
place.

Fuzzy hugs and cold, wet noses in unexpected places,

Paw Paw