Date:
Tue, 18 Dec 2007 14:34:30 -0600
Tree site -
http://www.mkaresq.com/The_Giving_Tree_2007/GivingTree2007.htm
Ferrets without stockings on their pictures may still be available for
santas.

When one chooses a ferret to be a santa for, they click on the secret
santa button then fill out the form which will ask which page and what
the ferrets name is. If there is no listing on the ferrets page of
what they would like, you can contact that shelter or you could just
send ferrety items such as treats, toys, hammocks, blankies, etc. Most
shelters list what the ferrets would like but I noticed that several
didn't on this years tree. In that case if there is a contact email you
could email the shelter operator and ask what their ferret would like
if you wanted to, or could just send gifts. Or one could send a gift
card from one of the on-line ferret stores or Walmart or PetSmart or
Petco too. Then you go shopping, locally or on-line, and have your
gifts sent to the ferret that you picked. If the address isn't on
the ferret's page, contact the shelter for delivery address.

When your choice is read by Kris the trees get updated and a stocking
will appear on your ferrets picture.

On my choices I ordered their gifts from www.ferret.com to be sent
directly to them. One other I picked up toys here and mailed them
myself. I chose items my own little ones like that were in the
categories of things the giving tree ferret liked. It's fun to shop
for them too.

Some of the on-line stores are running great sales and you can have
them ship directly to your giving tree ferret for you!
www.jefferspets.com, www.ferrets.com, www.omahavaccine.com,
www.ferretdepot.com, www.drsfostersmith.com, www.petedge.com - I'm sure
there are many more these are the ones that come to mind right now.

Walmart has some cloth dog toys by the checkouts here, they are 0.88
each. The dollar store has dog and cat toys for $1.00 and baby blankets
too that my ferrets like to snuggle in.

If you can send only one toy or one blanket or one homemade hammock or
one bag of treats it would be great. Shipping on one cloth toy or a
hammock or baby blanket is cheap. You can pack it in a large manila
envelope so packing weight is minimal!

And even if you are concerned the gifts won't arrive by Christmas you
can still send them. If they are a few days late the fuzzies will
still be thrilled! It's christmas many times a year at our house!

Thank you so very much for considering being a santa to one or more of
the ferrets on the trees. Some may think it a bit silly, but it breaks
my heart to think that they all won't get santas.

Happy Holidays! tle
www.ferretfamilyservices.org
www.iGive.com/FFS