From:
Deborah Adams <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 Feb 2000 10:05:27 PST
>I have found that those of my ferrets that will actually sit still for
>cuddling like to be scritched between their shoulder blades.  They arch
>their backs and stand on their tip-toes and push up against my fingers.
>Demetri is so appreciative that he's occasionally fallen over from trying
>to push up as hard as he can.  His front feet actually leave the ground and
>he ends up losing his balance.  Java lays on his side and presses against
>the cage or my leg or whatever to get harder scritches.  I love the way
>their little faces melt in bliss, their eyes close and their toes splay.

Patch's favorite scritchin' place is also his shoulder blades.  Your
description of Demetri sounds just like Patch.  The only thing to add is
that when Patch arches his back to stand on his tip-toes, his tail poofs
out and the rest of his fur stands on end.  If you stop too early, he nips!

Lily likes being scritched on her head, ears, and sometimes even her chin.
Lily also likes full-bodied scritching.  This is when I (or someone else)
holds her and scritches her whole body from head-to-tail, tail-to-head
until she falls out of your arms due to too much relaxing!

Another question-why does good ole' fashion scritchins' cause the ferret to
yawn and yawn and yawn and yawn....?

Thanks for the great question!

Deb Adams (&Patch&Lily)