Date:
Sat, 20 Jun 1998 20:12:51 EDT
Hi Ya'll,

This is a special Thank You to all the wonderful ferret Dads on the FML.
There are quite a few out there, and many who are doing it all on their own.
I think this is something very special, especially here in the U.S.  where
men are not encouraged to be nuturing.  In my own humble opinion, there are
two really great fert Dads who are also pretty quiet.  But they are patient,
loving, and thoughtful guys that need a standing ovation, Gary H.  and the
BIG Guy.  Pat yourselves on the back menfolk, for a job well done.

I would also like to thank my wonderful Dad.  He taught me to overlook my
own feelings to give everyone a chance.  Although he had some very strong
predjudices of his own, he never ever discounted anyone because of it.  He
had a very quiet strength, great patience, and much love.  He could draw
lines with me, y et treat me as a friend.  He also taught me the value of
not being copendent (before he stopped drinking).  He taught me to love and
respect all life, even when you didn't like it yourself.  Daddy was a farm
boy who never wanted pets, and had an only child who collected them.  He
would just shake his head at my collection of cats, dogs and fish.  But he
also got extremely angry when he knew of an animal who was not being treated
right.  And the most important thing, he taught me to pick my battles, and
the wonderful value of life and enjoying it.  Miss you Daddy.

Hope all you Dads out there, ferret kind and people kind or both, have a
wonderful and joyful holiday. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

Maggie Mae and her Maniac Mustelid Mob in Mid Mo