From:
Melissa Drake <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Aug 2002 13:02:40 -0400
I don't know if ours count totally as free roaming, but they're out most
of the day when I'm up.  Even when I'm not, the bathroom is theirs,
giving them at least twice, if not three times, the floor space of a good
four story cage.  They're a bit pesky, but mostly in that if they can
easily reach the side tables they think they belong there (they can't
because it's near a window sill).  They occasionally dig at doors, and
one used to dig at the rug, and they BOTH dig at the phonebook.  We
bought our couch to be both inexpensive and relativly ferretproof.  But
you know what?  They are relativly well behaved.  I think partly because
anything they could really wreck was quickly moved when they got bigger,
and partly because the space does give them a lot of exercise.

Melissa Drake
http://www.blueskunkland.com/ferret/