From:
Amanda Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Mar 2003 12:51:00 +0000
Hi, I am usually silent while FML has these little arguements (honestly I
usually skip them).  But I am not keeping quiet his time.  I hope I have
the story right- and correct me if I am wrong- Valerie decided to join
the military.  She asked months ago about finding a new home for her
ferts if and when the day came.  She did not walk into a shelter and DUMP
them.  She has plenty of time to find great adoptive parents.  This was
not a hasty decision made by an immature girl, but rather a wise young
woman.  So she thought she had made the cut for the military and decided
to contact the person she decided would be the best home.  She took her
furbabies to them.  Then she found out (not too long afterwards) that she
would not be eligible for the military.

I see NO REASON why she should not ask for her ferrets back.  If I had
adopted them from her, I would give them back.  Yes, it would be sad for
me but I know that Valerie loves those guys and did not make a hasty
decision when she gave them up the first time.

VALERIE- I support whatever you decide to do.  Follow your heart!!!