From:
Jim Higgins <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:28:11 -0400
For the first time in well over ten years I am actually ashamed that I
sent someone to the FML.  A person looking to get a ferret or ferrets was
having trouble contacting and getting help from her local shelter and
adopting the ferrets she had chosen.  When she asked for information
about that shelter here on the FML (and it was a nice polite post)  She
got tons of e-mail slamming her and what she had asked for.  Now I
don't know the shelter operator in question or what the problem was I do
know know however that this person did not deserve the response she got
from this "Place of Ferret People who are supposed to be so kind and
considerate" I actually do not know what is becoming of this list.  It
used to be so nice and helpful full of loving and understanding helpful
people now it seems to be just a lot of self righteous people who jump
down your throats if someone outside "the click" asks for help or support.
You can slam me all you want as it will only go to prove that I am right.
Granted there are some really good people left on this list that try to
be as much help as possible and as kind as they can be.  However I just
wonder how long they will last in the ever growing population of the other
kind.  This list used to be so wonderful and full of ferret information
and caring people.  I would love to see that return and the negative
slams, put downs and nasty responses ended.  There was absolutely no
reason for the e-mails this person got and the way they were worded and
the things that were said to and about her.  My God you people don't even
know what all she has been through just trying to adopt a pair of ferrets
from this shelter.  All she asked for was if anyone could help her
understand.  From the responses she got I think I am beginning to.  I am
starting to wonder just what the ferret world is coming to.

Jim Higgins