From:
Corinna Nicole Sturdevant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Feb 1996 18:49:51 -0500
I am new to the list and was wondering if I could get some advice.  I just
took my youngest ferret to the vet, she is four months old.  The vet
discovered that she has a heart murmur.  Unfortunately our vet doesn't know
that much about heart murmurs in ferrets, and she wants to do an ultrasound
to find out what else might be wrong with her.  Mazzy is very small, just
under one pound.  Her markings are not symmetrical, and several are
misplaced, that is why she attradted our attention and we fell in love with
her.  She also has a kink in the end of her tail.  My vet suggested that it
may be a syndrome of some sort, she's seen it in some other mammals.
Anyways I was wondering if anyone esle has dealt with this sort of thing and
knows how this will affect her life.  I would like to do anything for her
that will make her more comfortable and happy.  Any advice would be greatly
appreciated, please respond directly to me.  Thanks a lot.

Cory Sturdevant (and Mazzy)